Kurma Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Deanna Sidoti
15-Hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance-Approved Continuing Education
This Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is for certified Yoga Teachers.
Soak in the practices of Restorative Yoga to keep yourself and your students nourished, relaxed, and grounded.
There are countless studies referring to the rising numbers of people who suffer from issues related to stress and for this "stress response" to be overactive, affecting overall health. Restorative Yoga plays an important role in balancing the central nervous system, reducing stress, alleviating pain, deepening awareness, resting deeply, boosting the immune system, cultivating mental focus and overall health, and calming the mind and body, among many other benefits.
Focus of this training is on Techniques & Subtleties of teaching Restorative Yoga. The magic is in the details...
Learn about special topics including:
- overview of the Central Nervous System, Parasympathetic/Sympathetic Nervous System and the relaxation response
- how to adapt the practice for beginners, intermediate, and special populations, including an intro on how to modify for back issues
- anatomy of the spine
- what to look for and avoid
- intelligent sequencing
- indications and contraindications
- clear directives
- how to focus class energy to hold space for relaxation
- how to adapt for studio setting and group vs private classes
Hours from this training can be applied to your Continuing Education for Yoga Alliance.
You can expect:
- to learn how to sequence and teach a balanced, safe, and serene restorative class
- to practice with partners and learn how to modify for different bodies and levels
- to receive clear feedback on your practice teaching
Deanna has been teaching Restorative Yoga since 2008 and mentoring teachers since 2010. She is the founder of Dhyana Yoga Arts in Chester, NJ, specializes in Yoga for Backcare & Scoliosis, Alignment Vinyasa and Restorative Yoga and teaches workshops and trainings throughout the east coast.
Her compassionate, clear, and receptive teaching style is informed by over twenty years of experience in movement and creative arts as well as experience overcoming chronic back pain associated with scoliosis. She has trained with a range of inspiring teachers who influence her approach, including Alison West, Judith Hanson Lasater, Stacey Brass, Ali Cramer, and Dana Flynn. She is also a certified Ayurvedic Wellness Coach. She is the founder of Dhyana Yoga Arts in Chester, NJ. She also teaches Alignment Vinyasa and is a certified Ayurvedic Wellness Coach.
3-Day Training Includes: Friday, July 20th 12:30-5:30pm. Saturday, July 21st 2-7pm. Sunday, July 22nd 1-6pm
$290 early-bird by June 1st. $330 thereafter.
This training has SOLD OUT every time we've run it. Please reserve your spot way in advance and save the date as space is limited.