Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Teens & Tweens Yoga March 17th & 18th with Caprice Abowitt!
Saturday March 17th 5:30-9pm & March 18th 11:45-6pm.
Metta Kids Yoga Teacher Training, Tweens and Teens Module, is a well-rounded program which will prepare you to teach children ages 10 and up in a wide variety of settings. Adolescence can be a challenging time for many people. Yoga is a fun way to build strength, foster community, relieve stress and create balance in the busy lives of teens today. This teacher training is a great tool for yoga teachers, school teachers, specialists, parents and caregivers–anyone who loves working with children. A 200 hour is not required, but those without a yoga teaching background should have a strong and consistent personal practice.
This training will cover:
- developmental milestones
- introducing meditation and mindfulness practices for teens
- the benefits of yoga for tweens and teens
- asanas (poses) and sequencing
- creating boundaries for classroom management
- practice teaching (and practice being a kid)
- introducing yoga philosophy to teens
- games and activities
- the business and ethics of teaching yoga to children
- teaching in different environments and a brief overview of inclusive classrooms
- constructing lesson plans
- adjusting and assisting
Requirements for certification include:
- reading assignments and homework
- sample lesson plan
- teaching and recording a final class
$275 early-bird by February 17th, $300 thereafter