New to DYA?
Welcome to Dhyana Yoga Arts! If you are new to Yoga, or are a seasoned practitioner and want to strengthen your alignment skills, our Yoga for Backcare and Basics classes are great places to learn, refine and to build a strong foundation for your practice.
If you're new to Yoga or to DYA, here are some tips to start off your practice with ease :)
FIRST TIME AT THE STUDIO
- Sign in at the front desk. Arrive at least 10 minutes before class to sign a waiver and set up.
- Studio Hours – doors open 15 minutes prior to scheduled class time.
- We have mats available free of charge but many students prefer to use their own.
PLEASE TELL YOUR TEACHER IF
- You need to leave class early.
- You are new to a yoga practice.
- You have any medical restrictions or injuries that may require pose modifications.
- Please be on time for class. All classes begin promptly. If you arrive a few minutes late for class, we are happy you made it and not to worry - please enter the room quietly and sit in the welcome area until after the teacher's opening talk or meditation (usually ends with the sound of Om). Then come on in and set up your mat to join the class.
- Turn-off or silence all mobile devices.
- There are cubbies to store personal items in our welcome area. Please leave water bottles and other belongings in the cubbies.
NEW TO A YOGA PRACTICE
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Set your mat up in the middle or back of the room if it's your first few classes - it's easier to follow along in a Flow class when other students are in front and on the sides of you :)
- It is best to refrain from eating large meals 2-hours prior to class.
- Yoga is for everyone. Beginners are welcome! It doesn't matter if you can touch your toes... Yoga practice will teach you to connect to your breath and nourish the mind/body/spirit. Consistent practice builds strength, flexibility, balance, peace of mind and cultivates space for higher states of Yoga.